As Spring kicks in, soups, stews and slow cooked dinners will give way to lighter meals and fresh flavours. While this tuna steak absolutely steals the show, the combination of jasmine rice, sesame, soy, and fresh baby tatsoi does wonders to turn this into a beautiful and healthy meal.
Running out of ideas for lunch? We feel you! While our microgreens certainly lend themselves really well to exquisite culinary concoctions (there's a budding chef in all of us!), we believe they pack just as much punch when added to your day-to-day salads and even to your good old and trusted ham & cheese sandwich. Here are 3 variations on the theme to enjoy microgreens the easy way... enjoy!
It is fair to say, all of us have reached that point before - that is being completely at loss for ideas about what to cook next for lunch or dinner. Add the pressure of cooking healthy yet tasty dishes and we tend to all go down the meat and 3 veg road!
If you feel like you are stuck in a cooking rut, have a look at the amazing classes Sylvia's Kitchen has got on offer.
- 2 cans of lentils
- 1 leek
- 1 red capsicum
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 bag of baby kale
- 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- dash of lemon juice
- handful of coriander
- Rinse lentils
- Chop all veggies finely
- Sautee veggies with butter in a large skillet
- Add lentils and stir
- Add coarsely chopped baby kale
- When kale has lighlty softened, squeeze a dash of lemon juice
- Serve in a deep bowl with a handful of coriander to garnish and a piece of sourdough bread or baguette
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 handful of baby kale
- 2 Golden Delicious apples
- 1/2 lime or lemon
- Core apples but keep the skin on. Peel the lemon.
- Add all fruit and veg to your blender or juicer of choice.
- Add water and blend until smooth.